Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sharing my story

Hi. I'm Shannon. I'm 32 years old and live in eastern NC with my little boy. About six years ago, we went through a divorce. I was left with almost $15,000 in credit card debt, and my name on a mortgage AND a second mortgage (even though I did not stay in the home) ... and an opportunity to start over.

I'm here to tell you that your money woes are not permanent and that you can take control of your future. You simply have to be willing to face the future with courage and an ability to start thinking differently than you have previously.

I would like to remind you that you are smart, intelligent and completely able to handle anything that life puts before you. No matter what your circumstances, you can overcome the love-hate relationship we create with money.

Mine is a formula that incorporates what I've learned from many masterminds in the field of personal finance. I encourage you to do the same. Read a lot. Glean that which is relevant to you and that which speaks to you. Knowledge is power and I'm here to share the knowledge that I've learned over the years.

Let's take this journey together. Starting here, starting now, you must make a promise to yourself to take control of your money and stop letting it control you.

Your assignment: For the next 5 days, tell yourself, out loud, every time you look in a mirror or see your reflection, "I am taking control of my money." Period. Don't do anything more or less. Simply tell yourself that you are taking the reigns from here. We'll take this journey one step at a time, together. If you'd like, get a couple of girlfriends together. We'll start our own "$mart Girl$ Money Club" and learn to make magic happen with the power of money.

See you in 5 days. Until then, remember, you are taking control...

Best wishes,
Shannon

No comments: